Thursday, September 17, 2009

Unemployment - Day Two


The day began in the usual fashion. That's getting old isn't it? Ha!

Well, here I am. Unemployed. I'm singing 'F I R E D' to the tune of Tammy Wynette's D I V O R C E....it's quite catchy.

After today's post, we shan't be talking about me being fired or unemployed any longer. It's getting to be old news, and I am employed!

I went to Garage Sales today. Nothing newsworthy. A few little treasures, a little bird feeder, etc. Found an awesome vintage tablecloth on top of a pile of clothes. Oh my, as I was standing in line to pay for it, I imagined I'd bring it home and soak it in OxyClean. What a wonderful prop it would be for some fun blog photos. As I handed it to the lady to pay for it, she looked mortified and exclaimed 'That's not for sale! That was my grammie's!"

Two things I've realized today. First thing I realized is that I don't have 'the knot' anymore. 'The knot' that I had right below my breasts, smack dab in the middle of my chest. It's gone. I didn't even realize I had it til it left. I was that used to it! That used to 'what time is it?' 'Aaron, this is what you have to do while I'm gone'. All the pressure that I carried around daily as I rushed so to get everything done.

The second thing I realized is that I'm exhausted. I mean dog dead tired. I feel like I could sleep for a week. Wonder why?

What's funny is that I'm half killing myself for the last couple of days. Working like a maniac! I think in my mind I feel like I'm just off for a few days, and I'd better take advantage of it. I was making my bed at 4:30 this morning, and pulled out the vacuum at 5. Is this really necessary anymore?

I'm still weird about being fired. I don't like it. There is such a negative connotation about it all. Yep, I screwed up. Yep, I knew the policies. Couldn't I have just gotten a good spanking?

And that my dear blog friends will be the last you hear me speak of policies, and firing, and my mixed emotions about it. I've started writing little notes to all my former co-workers and managers. I want to write to each of them what I treasured about them. I'm planning on bringing in a nice tray of cupcakes. I just got the best recipe for frosting! It's full of Ex Lax. *evil grin*

There are so many other fun things to talk about. Vintage treasures, recipes, gardening, decorating and chickens.

And with that...I wish you all a good night. Try to breathe. Let's all make a conscious effort to slow down.

Til tomorrow.....

10 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the stress relief. I always feel that way as I am driving away from school after packing my room and finishing up the paperwork for the summer! Sadly, I start pre-stress worrying in mid-July since school will start again in August!! Crazy!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! I can't believe it. I had a knot, and my blood pressure was up and shortly after I got fired it all went away along with some other health issues. I didn't realize I was so stressed at my job. I will say I went through a little depression but you are right...there are better things to talk about. It hurt my feelings to be fired, and I didn't go instantly to file for unemployment because I was told by them I'd never get it. Plus, I was embarrassed to say the word "Fired". I had never been fired either. I think you'll love the new life ahead. Sorry about the vintage table cloth. Don't you hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a long deep breath and think about just how good God really is and His wondrous love for us all. Have a beautiful week-end Jayme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I wont eat the cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did not think they could fire a person with a doctors excuse...thought that was illegal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you say that you "were let go?"
    Even back when I was a single mom w/2 kids & working full-time I didn't get up early to clean my house! Girlie, you definately need to slow down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ladies...thanks for the comments....Tammy, I promise the cupcakes will be safe to eat...at least yours will....HA HA ....just joking!

    I'm now saying 'my position was terminated' Sounds better.

    I slept til 8am today. Such a slacker.

    Can't wait to share so many things with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen on the slow down thing! I used to be so good at it but not so much lately. I am going to work hard at it this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that the knot in you tummy is gone. I know that feeling and it is not nice. Sounds like you have started to mellow out about the injustice of being "let go." How very sweet to write notes to you coworkers. Rest and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear ya Jayme, when you say there is such a stigam attached to the word "fired"...
    About them cupcakes, many years ago when I lived in Mpls. going to school, a schoolmate and I made a choc cake with choc frosting, we shaved exlax on top, everyone thought it was shaved choc...we had a very good chuckle...we did! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!