Monday, January 18, 2016

Alive

Guess who's still alive?



I've been thinking about you all so much lately - 
Remembering the days of sitting here clicking away - feeling so connected to you all.

I've just logged back in for the first time since Oct. 7th.  I'm just seeing all the messages you've sent me saying you've missed me.
Thank you.

It seems my life holds daily reminders of all the love that has been shown here.
Every day I stand on the rag rug that was made for me by my blog friend Linda - or I'm wearing an apron, or a using a hand towel that one of you have gifted me  - or just the memories - so many memories of all y'all.  I'm blessed beyond measure to call some of you my true friends.
I can honestly say, with my whole heart - I may not have gotten through the last few years without you.

I've had the IMMENSE pleasure of meeting so many of you out at the shows this year - as I travel around and get up in your 'hood.  I'm embarrassed to say, that with the blur this past year was - I don't remember all of your names, and didn't get photos!
(PS - I'll be in So. Bend this Saturday at the Winterfest from 7 til 3 - So. Bend Farmer's Market on Northside Blvd)


One that I did get a photo of was Cindy and her husband Ernie.
It was a cool December day - and I was doing a show in Griffith IN - and it was a show that I almost didn't go to.  I was so, so, so bone tired by December.
But.
I went.
And am I glad I did!  Cindy and Ernie showed up and I guess they drove a couple of hours to come and meet me.

I just have to say - with the way I've shared my heart and life here - it's really an odd feeling when you meet someone that says 'I've been reading your blog for years' - and you are standing there at that moment thinking - 'oh ma ga - they know EVERYTHING!'

I always feel a bit twitchy, and embarrassed - I'm hoping it doesn't show.  I know everyone has a story - dark chapters, happy chapters - and chapters yet unwritten.  Many choose not to share it all on the world wide web.  I do.
: -)

The show was slow, so Cindy and I got to visit for a bit.  I always felt bad when I was too busy to visit you all when you came out.

We shared some laughs, a few tears and a hug.  I'm telling you - you guys are some seriously fabulous people.  The connection we felt just reminded me again - that blogging like this is real - there are real people - with real lives - real struggles - real hopes and dreams - real lives - reading this.  And that's why I've always wanted to make my blog real.  Well, I don't try to make it real - it just is.  It's my life without a soft focus lens on it.  It's not staged, it's not sugar coated.  I've shared just about every ding danged thing here.

Thank you.  Thank you for reading - thank you for loving me, supporting me, encouraging me and laughing at and with me.  : -) 



I survived the year.
I honestly have never worked so hard in my entire life.  Working at the steel mills when I was younger?  Piece of cake.  Moving 10 yards of mulch one wheelbarrow at a time?  Child's play.  Renovating this old farmhouse?  Easy Peasy.

I accomplished the goal I set out to achieve and more.  Debt free living. I was able to help some others as well. It's a great feeling.  I'm now more convinced than ever - that any flipping thing is possible.  That you CAN find a way!



I wasn't sure if I was going to continue the business after making the goal - because when I started - it was a means to an end.  I thought I would just carry on with my quiet life of library books, knitting, gardening and chicken rearing.  I thought maybe I'd apply for a part time job at Whole Foods.  I could see myself scootering back and forth - working in the Juice Bar, or neatly stacking those heads of romaine.

Alas - I kind of like this market madness.  I have a quiver full of new friends.  
My only struggle is - calming the heck down.  I still try to do too much - too many markets.  
So, I'm still the same Jayme that you've come to know.
Chronic Overachiever. Stubborn as a mule. Desperately seeking balance.

But it seems that this Mother Wilma's Marshmallow Factory is here to stay.  I've got me a bona fide business.



I'm really hoping and praying to find the balance in it all, and return to blogging on a regular basis.
Fingers crossed.

I'll be 54 in a week.  Fifty. four.  When?  How?

I have this notion that it's going to be the best year yet.  Like ever.  In the history of Jayme.

One of the things I'm addressing as a priority is my health - unfortunately - it was my sacrifice on the altar of my goal.  Smart?  Nope.  Not very.  Typical all or nothing Jayme?  Yessirree.

With that being said - 

I'm doing the Leanness Lifestyle again.  It really is the only thing that works for me.
It starts the day after my birthday - January 27th, and I'd be tickled pink if some of you joined me.

Click here to change yo life:


He really is the real deal. Really.
Enrollment starts today - and this fills up fast.  
Be spontaneous and impulsive like me!  Click and join!

I'll leave you with this. I have to leave in a few minutes to meet my friend at Whole Foods (I'm not applying for the job yet!)
I found this nugget in a book I'm reading called "You are a BadAss" by Jen Sincero - 


So perhaps it's all perspective?  What we choose to think?
Discuss.

16 comments:

  1. Just adore you Jayne..see you at the farmer's market!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adore you Jayne..see you at the farmer's market!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed you so much!! Thanks for brightening my Monday :)
    Love the quote- I think it is all perspective, but when you are in the nitty-gritty of the day to day it can be hard to step back long enough to adjust your mindset.
    And for anyone hesitating to sign-up for Leanness Lifestyle- DO IT!! It is an amazing program with amazing support! 3.5 years ago I followed Jayme's lead and I safely lost 45 lbs and regained my athletic body and ability, not to mention finally figured out my food allergies. Coach David is the real deal folks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always Jayme another great post, you are and inspiration! Looking forward to reading your blog posts when you are able to post..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to see you write a new post!!! I am also excited that you have decided to continue with what seems to be a very successful business. Fifty-four, huh? I'm turning fifty this year...kinda hard to believe. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you (no pressure). -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so excited to see a new blog post from you Jayme!! :) Congrats on being debt free! What an awesome feeling, I'm sure. Glad you're doing the Leanness Lifestyle again. For some of us it will be a continuous battle, but don't ever give up! I know you won't. :) It's funny how I feel like I truly "know" people because I read their blogs, but I do feel like I know you. One of the reasons I always read yours was your openness. You are like that commercial with "the most interesting man in the world", except to us homemaking crafty homebodies YOU are the most interesting woman in the world!! :D I pop over to your instagram occasionally hoping you'll post there. That would be a great simple less time consuming way to connect. ;) Hint, hint. :P I don't even have an account, but can view non private accounts via my computer. So good to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I LUV you~ plus we share the same BD! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh I've missed your blogging. At least through Facebook I knew you were going strong. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went searching just last week to see if I'd somehow missed a blog or two! Nope! No Jayme! I want you to know that YOU just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see you! and So happy for all your good news. And falling off the wagon sometimes, whatever that wagon contains, is part of life .. picking back up again is the living. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jayme....so great to read your post. I was one of the fortunate ones to meet up with you at one of your events. It was such a delight to meet the woman behind the blog! You are so genuine and so authentic...that's why people adore you so. So good to hear your life is headed in good directions and wishing you all good things in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to see you! Glad you met your goal! Hope you'll be back soon.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thrilled for you . . .
    Happy as a "pig in mud" to see a post . . .
    My friend Barbie met you in Chicago . . .
    Doggone it . . . I am going to meet you too . . . one of these days . . .
    And get a picture!
    Happy 2016 "Wilma!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. AHHH!! So good to see you're words in print here again. Thinking of you - often and thanking God for you, as well.

    Happy Birthday - and here's to the best year ever in the life and history of Jayme!! (love how you said that!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have missed your regular posts but am THRILLED over the success of your business! You are an inspiration and I wish you continued success as long as you choose to do this. Way to go, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a surprise to see a pix of us on our fun day. Enjoyed it! Sooo glad yr back to blogging. Happy B day too. sorry so late. Yes congrats on yr success (yummy)
    You are an inspiration, & luv yr honesty. - Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!